“Selling My House While In Chapter 13”
Recently Filed Or Coming Out Of Bankruptcy?
Have your debts got out of control and now you’re filing for bankruptcy? Unfortunately, this is the case for many people around the country. When you least expect it, debt gets out of hand and everything seems to collapse. We know that this is a deeply stressful situation, which we hope nobody ever goes through, but truth is, it can happen to anybody. Depending on the type of bankruptcy that you may be going through, you may or may not be able to sell your house to settle debts. If you’re thinking about selling, we recommend informing your attorney early in the process so that the necessary paperwork is completed. By all means, we hope that you’re able to keep your property if that’s what you would like. But if you’re wanting to sell fast for cash, we are here to assist. If you’re saying, “I’m thinking of selling my house while in chapter 13”, then you’ve come to the right place. FastFlow Home Buyers LLC is a home buying company that specializes in solving problems. Reach out to us to see if we are the right fit. We’d be more than glad to answer any of your questions.
Key Factors When Selling Your House During Bankruptcy
- Notify everyone involved-notify your attorney, real estate agent, or home buyer on what your situation is.
- Don’t start late-timing is crucial. Give your attorney anywhere from 30 to 45 days to negotiate the sale with your trustee. Your attorney will need time to put the paperwork in motion. In addition, your creditors have a right to object to the sale, just as they have a right to object to your repayment plan
- Motion to sell-The motion to sell is a very important piece of paperwork you need if you’re trying to sell your home while in Chapter 13. The motion-to-sell documentation includes important information…price of the home, the home’s value, and the home appraisal. Your trustee bases their approval with this document. If the trustee approves, the sale can go forward.
- Statement of sale-Once you’ve closed on the home, you will need to provide your attorney with a copy of what is called the statement of sale
- Discharing debt-If the home’s sale can pay off your repayment plan, then you can expect a discharge of your Chapter 13 shortly after the sale
Our Four Step Process Is Simple
At FastFlow Home Buyers LLC, we want to deliver expedient results. It’s no surprise that Real Estate transactions can get complicated. This is the reason why working with us beneficial. From our experience, we have honed in on a process that’s both fast and simple.
We’ve adopted an easy process for you to sell your home. Here are the following steps:
1. Contact us, tell us about your property, and situation
Reach out to us at 402-218-1996 for a no-obligation talk. We will then go over your situation and condition of the property. Only after we determine we are the right fit, we’ll move on to the next step.
After you provided the necessary information, and we have concluded that we are the right fit, we will give you an offer. Sometimes within hours!
3. Meet with us, contractors, and partners
If you are satisfied with our offer, we move on to the appointment. Usually one is sufficient. No need to worry about the hassle of continually opening your doors to multiple potential buyers. Most of which can’t or have no intention of buying your property. We do take a risk when buying properties so it is critical that a contractor gives us a detailed scope of work. Sometimes we joint venture with partners and they need to look at the investment as well. Still, one showing is all we need.
4. Get paid!
Call/Text Us at 402-218-1996 For A No-Obligation Talk Or Fill Out The Form Below